The day when my inner child comes out to play :-)…I write such random posts.
1. My name means river, that signifies I have to constantly flow through peace and tranquility; through twists and turns of life. I will stagnate if I stop.
2. I am quintessentially Indian.
3. I was a gypsy in my previous birth.
4. Moon is my first love.
5. Stars, second.
6. Flowers, third.
7. I read stories, folktales, mythologies as a child.
8. I still read them.
9. You will find a book on gypsy folktales and a romantic novel by Nora Roberts on my table now.
10. I make stories in my mind all the time. I have a story about you too…..yes you!
11. I wish I was a little taller so that I could see the world from little above.
12. I don’t dance.
13. I can’t sing.
14. I can not drive. Just can’t.
15. I have a weakness for ethnic silver jewelry, tote bags, and handmade stuff.
16. I am the last girl to be born in my generation. I have 7 male cousins younger to me.
17. I often look at the night sky.
18. I like doing things from scratch.
19. Delhi is my favorite city.
20. I think Odisha (a state in India) is underrated.
21. I can survive on sugar. Seriously!
22. I love the smell of petrol and the smell of earth after the first rain.
23. I know this smell is called petrichor. the But I don’t know how to use it in a sentence.
24. I hardly watch TV.
25. I have stopped reading newspapers.
26. I can’t stand sink with dirty dishes and overflowing garbage bins.
27. I am an average cook.
28. Dough for my bread never rises. Never.
29. I am awesome at procrastination
30. I like spending time alone.
31. I don’t understand the debates that are in binaries…right/left; tradition/modernity; good/bad etc.
32. I appreciate people, ideas, and thoughts that provide different perspectives.
33. Live and let others live is my motto.
34. I have a younger brother. I adore him.
35. I wish I had a sister too!
36. I often start my sentences with the word, ‘Well…
37. I had a hard time finding shoes that fit.
38. I am not everyone’s cup of tea. I had a hard time accepting this.
39. I have a green thumb.
40. I prefer affordable and sustainable fashion and home décor.
41. My grandparents migrated from present-day Pakistan to Delhi because of partition
42. I love hearing stories from that time period.
43. Death fascinates me.
44. I can talk hours and hours about life and universe.
45. I am an early morning person.
46. I love to sit silently near the rivers and streams.
47. I prefer to take long walks alone.
48. If I could go back in time, I would like to listen to Krishna advising Arjuna on the battlefield.
49. I wanted to be a lawyer but life has its own plans.
50. I am so full of myself…I have reached 50 and can still go on and on….